Service Center for Students
The main responsibility of the Study Deanery is to coordinate study courses and teaching activities and to ensure adequate and comprehensive faculty teaching. Moreover, the Study Deanery ensures the further development of the curriculum, the management of resources for study and teaching, and the evaluation of teaching.
The Study Deanery is the central point of contact for all students and teachers of human medicine and dentistry with questions regarding teaching and studies.
Further responsibilities of the Study Deanery
- General student consultation and specific information on study courses
- Advice in the event of personal difficulties during studies
- Practical Year
- State aid for education (BaföG)
- Curricular matters during preclinical and clinical studies
- Evaluation of courses
- Academic examinations /credit certificates
- Organization of state examinations
- (Equivalence-) certificates, transcripts, letters of recommendation (e.g., Dean's letter)
The Study Deanery encompasses three subject areas with different consultation hours:
- Student Affairs
Mon through Thurs, 10.00 to 13.00 hours (Wilhelmsplatz 4)
- Examination Matters
Mon, Tue, Thurs, 11.00 to 13.00 hours, Wed 12.00 to 13.00 hours (Wilhelmsplatz 4)
- Practical Year
Mon, Tue, Thurs 11.00 to 12.30 hours, Wed 12.00 to 12.30 hours (UMG, Level 1D1 Room 212)
We kindly ask you to please refrain from calling us during consultation hours. We are happy to arrange individual consultation appointments with you outside our consultation hours.
Study Deanery of the Georg August University Göttingen
For the following matters, please contact the Study Secretariat at the Georg August University Göttingen.
- Enrollment / removal from the register of students / leave of absence
- Swapping of university places / changing the course of study
- Application for placement in a higher semester / lateral entry
- Application for lottery procedure